minicom freebsd 8.0

akash kumar akashb503 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jun 8 10:46:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

Finally worked for me. Thanks all for your help.
Below are the steps.

1. /var/log/messages has below message when ever usb port is inserted.
> Unknown USB device: vendor 0x4348 product* 0x5523* bus uhub2

2. grepping for vendor no.
> grep 0x4348 /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/*
/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs:vendor WCH        0x4348    QinHeng Electronics

> cat /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs | grep WCH
vendor WCH        0x4348    QinHeng Electronics
/* WCH products */
product WCH CH341SER        *0x5523 *   CH341/CH340 USB-Serial Bridge
product WCH2 CH341SER        0x7523    CH341/CH340 USB-Serial Bridge

3. After bit of googling with 'CH341/CH340 USB-Serial Bridge', found that specific module is missing.
  Added uchcom in to the config file and rebuilt the kernel and booted
with it.
> kldstat -v | grep uchcom
       309 uhub/uchcom

4. After rebooting could see below messages i.e device being recognized
as the module is already present
ugen2.3: <vendor 0x4348> at usbus2
ucom0: <vendor 0x4348 USB-SER!, rev 1.10/2.50, addr 3> on usbus2
ucom0: CH340 detected

The device is created with name  /dev/cuaU0 and it worked finally with minicom.

Thanks,
Akash.