office apps

Alejandro Imass ait at p2ee.org
Mon Jun 7 20:48:01 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Robert Bonomi <bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com> wrote:
>> From owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org  Sun Jun  6 23:47:34 2010
>> Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 00:44:45 -0400
>> From: Alejandro Imass <ait at p2ee.org>
>> To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
>> Subject: Re: office apps
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 12:38 AM, Charlie Kester <corky1951 at comcast.net> wro=
>> te:
>> > On Sun 06 Jun 2010 at 20:56:50 PDT Chad Perrin wrote:
>> >>

>> [...]
>>
>> > I'm not sure what to do with PPT's. =A0Can PowerPoint save to PDF, which
>> > is what almost everyone else seems to be using for presentations?
>>
>> Latex Beamer rules!
>

> But, that's such an -upscale- solution!
>
> For the proletariat, how about a good oil-based VolksWriter?

Nahh, man. Beamer is easy as 123, once everything is installed. All
you need is a decent text editor and voilá, beatifulk, meaninful,
well-structred presentations! and in PDF, plus it's easy to make
hand-outs and other advanced stuff. The Beamer book is ver extensive,
but I would be happy to post an example beamer presentation here if
you want.