installworld and sources

Balázs Mátéffy mateffy at enternet.hu
Sun Jun 6 11:04:58 UTC 2010

Hi!

It's good practice to keep /usr/src (your source) intact and the same
version as your world&kernel is and vica versa.

For the particular installworld step AFAIK /usr/obj is used, where the
system has the compiled world made in the build process.

steps here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/makeworld.html

however you should always read the actual UPDATING file if something changes
between versions!

Regards,

M.Balázs.