Some GMirror questions.

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 20:31:59 UTC 2010

I think you are making this harder than is needs to be.  When in doubt defer
to the Handbook and the man pages.  This also a good page
http://onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2005/11/10/FreeBSD_Basics.html

Lastly, I know at one point the 'load' algorithm had some performance

Use load.  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=113885

> Is this an accurate way to look at it?
> "Round-robin because if you have two disks in a mirror, they’re both under
> the same 'load' constraints, and it is best to KISS."

No. round-robin is a simple algorithm which alternates drive requests.  Also
two identical HD's may be mirrored but they will not really ever be same
state in terms of caching, performance, etc.

--
Adam Vande More