Hi es_MX internationalization needed.....

Eric De La Cruz Lugo eric_delacruz at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 01:50:35 UTC 2010

Hi to every one.

I  have been checking the mail lists and haven`t found information about es_MX localization, in Ubuntu, OpenSUSE and other Linux distributions this can be achieved by something like.

# locale-gen es_MX.UTF-8

# locale-gen es_MX
But on FreeBSD I can`t find any command or tool to perform this.

there is a es_ES locale on FreeBSD.

I thinked about generating the es_MX locale with a file like es_MX.UTF-8.src or something like that, without success this is beyond my expertise right now.

I need the es_MX because there is a postgreSQL database that "MUST" be encoded with the es_MX encoding, for a project am working on.

On KDE 4 on FreeBSD 8.0 I can changed the region to Mexico (es_MX), but I can't change my locale variables (LC_) on my command line terminal.

they look actually like this:

[cursos] ~> locale
LANG=
LC_CTYPE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
[cursos] ~>

On other server i have OpenSUSE 11.2 and have this:  (the way a needed it).

edelacruz at sgi:~> locale
LANG=es_MX.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="es_MX.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="es_MX.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="es_MX.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="es_MX.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="es_MX.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="es_MX.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="es_MX.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="es_MX.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="es_MX.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="es_MX.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="es_MX.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="es_MX.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
edelacruz at sgi:~>

How do i do this on FreeBSD 8.0 i386 or amd64?

Thanks in advance for your attention and help.

LIA Eric De La Cruz Lugo.