Sending alarms to my mobile phone

Karl Vogel vogelke at bsd118.wpafb.af.mil
Thu Jun 3 00:46:47 UTC 2010

>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:25:10 +0700 (ICT) Olivier Nicole wrote:

O> I would like my FreeBSD server to send alarms to my mobile phone, it
O> could be voice messages or SMS.

   Some vendors provide email addresses for text messaging in the USA.
   Substitute your phone number including area code for the X's.
   These addresses were valid as of 10 Feb 2010.  YMMV, etc.

      ATT Wireless
      Example: xxxxxxxxxx at att.com
      Customer service - 1-800-331-0500
      http://www.att.com/wireless

      Sprint PCS
      Example: xxxxxxxxxx at messaging.sprintpcs.com
      Customer service - 1-888-211-4727
      http://www.sprint.com/

      T-Mobile
      Example: xxxxxxxxxx at tmomail.net
      http://www.t-mobile.com/

      USA Mobility
      Example: xxxxxxxxxx at usamobility.com for Alpha/Digital Customers
               xxxxxxxxxx at usamobility.net for 2-way customers
      Customer service - 1-888-957-7243
      http://www.usamobility.com/

      Verizon Wireless
      Example: xxxxxxxxxx at vtext.com
      Customer service - 1-800-561-6227
      http://www.verizonwireless.com/

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company
Irrationality is the square root of all evil.          --Douglas Hofstadter