two questions....

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Thu Jun 3 00:12:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 07:32:20PM -0400, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> writes:
>
> > guys, i just found a truckload of Just Outstanding fonts.  at the
> > CTAN .org site there must be hundreds of these superb serif
> > typefaces.  in my /home/kline/ directory, i have a ~/.fonts
> > directory.  but it's been awhile since i've added to it.  what's
> > the magic to getting these tex-gyre fonts can use them?  i would
> > like these to be available for abiword, OOo, as well as my tex
> > packages. clues, please.
>
> mkfontdir(1) and mkfontscale(1) are all you need.

	yeah, check my notes; wsasn't clear.  do i run each command
	in ~/.fonts/TTF and ~/.fonts/Type1 [[[ after i move the tex-*
	over there?  [there are already scores of fonts there.]

	Matthew mumbled something about 'sadmin' and i found the
	biary like that.  it changed my printer name and said it
	added 28 ttf fonts....

	[?]

    The 7.83a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php
           http://journey.thought.org  99 44/100% Guaranteed Novel