IPFW with MAC address configuration

Bas Smeelen b.smeelen at ose.nl
Fri Jul 30 12:30:56 UTC 2010

> On 07/30/2010 01:18 PM, Carmel wrote:
>
>> I am trying to set up a rule using IPFW that utilizes a MAC address
>> rather than an IP one.
>>
>> ipfw -q allow log tcp from MAC 00-14-A4-43-8E-BA to me 137 in via nfe0 setup keep-state
>>
>> Would that work, assuming the machine I want to allow access has that
>> MAC address?
>>

> According to the manual (man ipfw) I guess the rule would something like:
> ipfw add 1000 allow log tcp MAC any 00:14:A4:43:8E:BA/33 to me 137 in
> via nfe0 setup keep-state
To match this mac address exactly it should have MAC any
00:14:A4:43:8E:BA/48
I'm not sure about this

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is for the intended recipient(s) only. Access, disclosure, copying,
distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited. If you have received it
by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system.