booting install DVD while hard drive is in RAID mode

Andrew Gould andrewlylegould at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 15:19:05 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Diego Arias <dak.col at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Andrew Gould <andrewlylegould at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:01 AM, Diego Arias <dak.col at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Andrew Gould
>> > <andrewlylegould at gmail.com>

>> > Do you have a RAID?
>> >

>> I don't have a RAID that I know of.  The computer came with Windows 7
>> Home Premium 64 and the hard drive set to RAID in the BIOS.
>>
>> The computer contains only one hard drive and one DVD writer.  The
>> hard drive has 3 partitions:  a small partition, the OS partition and
>> the recovery partition.
>
> Do you try restoring with IDE instead of RAID?

I don't think that will work.  I've read online that you have to
reinstall Windows to change modes.  Restoring maintains the old
Windows configuration.

I've been told that *Ubuntu live CD's can boot on computers with RAID
mode on.  That's why I was hoping that there was a kernel option I
could use at bootup.

Andrew