vmware and freebsd 8

Rocky Borg rrborg at speakeasy.net
Wed Jul 28 06:12:35 UTC 2010

I haven't used vmware so I can't say if it's better but it didn't take
me long to get freebsd up and running with virtualbox. Just follow the
instructions at http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox

You do have to install /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions/ on
the guest. I got FreeBSD 8.1 and PC-BSD 8.1 both up and running on it.
I'm having some sound issues but other than that it works great, in
fullscreen mode you can't even tell it's running as a guest on a host
machine.