Daily Periodic

Grant Peel gpeel at thenetnow.com
Tue Jul 27 22:30:09 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I asked this a few days ago, and did not get a response.

I have this in my /etc/periodic.conf:

constellation# more periodic.conf
# 460.status-mail-rejects
daily_status_mail_rejects_enable="NO"                  # Check mail rejects
daily_status_mail_rejects_logs=0                        # How many logs to
check
daily_status_mail_rejects_shorten="NO"                  # Shorten output

And have chnaged this in my /etc/defaults/periodic.conf:

# 460.status-mail-rejects
daily_status_mail_rejects_enable="NO"                   # Check mail rejects
daily_status_mail_rejects_logs=3                        # How many logs to
check
daily_status_mail_rejects_shorten="NO"                  # Shorten output

And am still getting all the reject mail data showing in my daily periodic
output.

I am using FreeBSD 8.0 p#3
The mta is Exim 4.69_4 built from ports.

What am I doing incorrectly? Why am I still getting all the mail reject log
lines in my daily periodic output?

-Grant