apps update from ports

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Tue Jul 27 18:28:15 UTC 2010

Quoth Polytropon on Tuesday, 27 July 2010:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 07:16:15 +0200, claudiu vasadi <claudiu.vasadi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Finally, when I want to test out new features, both in OS and
> applications, I usually go with "bleeding edge". I'm often
> surprised to see how well things do work.

That's my experience, too.  When I was told that in order to get my
wireless device working I would need to upgrade to STABLE, I shuddered
with the fearful anticipation of using a "development version" of the
O/S.  But it has lived up to the name STABLE.

Likewise with recently released ports.  Occasionally there's a breakage,
but I've always (touch wood) been pleasantly surprised by how easy it is
to set things right.  Not like the "can't get there from here without a
wipe and load" situations in which I often found myself during the 20
years in which my main system ran Windows (oh, the waste!)

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterling at camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips.com