BSD logo

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Jul 26 21:06:19 UTC 2010

On Mon, July 26, 2010 11:24 am, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> When this is the way one answers a simple question, I tend to believe
> there's no genuine interest in dialog.

Well, I hate to break it to you, but people who are trying to make a
religious point aren't interested in dialog, anyway.  In fact, it's pretty
well impossible to have a dialog with them that gets anywhere.  You can't
have a sensible debate when the other person's fallback response is always
"it's god's will, so it's beyond our understanding and we can't question
it, and you're an evil person for not agreeing with me."  These people
have been taught from a young age that logic is evil and will lead them
down the road to hell, so logical arguments are lost on them.