8.1 is available

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 24 23:10:42 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 07:38:51PM +0800, Aiza wrote:

> Since the release team never makes a announcement on this list when a
> new RELEASE is published. I will let you all know that
>
> RELEASE 8.1 has been published and is available for download.

And if you were wondering why the release iso images were uploaded to
the main project server four days prior to the announcement, the
official reason given was to allow all of the mirrors time to
synchronize with the main server before the announcement, to avoid
lots of inquiries about why the release "isn't available".

b.