64-bit Windows XP NDIS drivers giving missing symbols

Jerry freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Sat Jul 24 12:42:08 UTC 2010

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 12:01:24 +0000
Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> articulated:

> Such symbols are completly irrelevant for normal operation, because
> NDISulator crash on amd64 during driver initialization.
> I fixed this in my own git repo, but "fpudna in kernel mode" (my
> understanding is that it is source of panic when trying to use ndis0
> device on amd64), present only on amd64 is still not yet fixed - this
> should be addressed with fpu_kern KPI available on CURRENT - not done
> yet...
> Feel free to send patches.

I feel his pain. I need 64 bit drivers for cards that FBSD does not
support, mostly 'N' protocol wireless cards. The inability to secure
and use perfectly good drivers that are available for Windows users in
FreeBSD is a real PIA. Of course, it does give my Window user friends
something to laugh about.

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD.user at seibercom.net