How do you automatically start Apache, Bind, etc. in a jail?

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 23:07:30 UTC 2010

On 7/22/10 6:51 PM, Ed Flecko wrote:
> Thanks Glen.
>
> :-)
>
> I'm not clear how I get the 'make config' to show the configuration
> screen or the 'make install' to compile and install???

Depending on what you've previously done in the www/apache22 directory,
a configuration may already exist.  'make showconfig' will tell you.  If
so, you can run 'make rmconfig' in the apache22 port directory, and a
subsequent 'make config' will display the configuration screen.
(Actually, I believe www/apache22 does this automatically if a
configuration doesn't already exist.)

> That might allow me to install Apache (with a limited number of
> modules) like I want, but I don't understand what you're suggesting.

The config screen will allow you to select/deselect various build-time
options, such as DAV, AUTH_BASIC, etc.

> Also, do you know for sure that compiling from source and specifying
> the install target (i.e., ./configure --prefix=/PathToJail
> --enable-ssl...etc., etc., etc???) won't work?

It will work, sure, but make(1) and the port Makefile does this for you.

> Thank you again!

You're welcome.

Regards,

--