FreeBSD and Broadband network connection

subbu 4u subbu4u2004 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 18:03:09 UTC 2010

Hi,
  My name is Subburaj from India, I bought a broadband internet connection and
tried to connect with Freebsd system, I edited the /etc/ppp/ppp.conf with my
username, password and i.p address that my ISP gave me but its not going
through.  I tried to troubleshoot with freebsd handbook and also with forums but
its not working but my internet connection is working with windows 7 systems.
The freeBSD were able to detect my ethernet card as vr0 and also my external
modem is working with freebsd but there is no connection when I ping.  Kindly
help.

Thank you