where is pfm2afm

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Jul 22 14:57:16 UTC 2010

El día Thursday, July 22, 2010 a las 09:47:52AM -0500, Ryan Coleman escribió:

> It converts Postscript Font files into Adobe Font Manager files.
>
> I've have not a use for it (yet).

Background of my question is the need of Type 1 font files which cover
most of the European Unicode scripts for the usage in CUPS.

In some FAQ I read:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Font-HOWTO/

9.2. Type 1 Fonts and Metafont
9.2.1. Dealing With Mac and Windows Formats
Many foundries ship fonts with Windows and Mac users in mind. This can
sometimes pose a problem. Typically, the ``Windows fonts'' are fairly
easy to handle, because they are packed in a zip file. The only work to
be done is converting the pfm file to and afm file (using pfm2afm)....

That's why the question:

> > Is 'pfm2afm' part of some port in /usr/ports? Thanks in advance

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211