Are kernel stress test results displayed online?

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Wed Jul 21 18:14:28 UTC 2010

On 07/21/2010 09:55, Peter Holm wrote:
> I urge you to build a debug kernel and report the details of the
> problem. If you have a specific test scenario I'd be happy to try and
> reproduce it.

I just updated the kernel to RC2, if I get one more freeze I will
rebuild and run it as debug.

BTW are there instructions how to build debug kernel (8.1) ?
Somehow googling "building debug FreeBSD kernel" doesn't fetch
instructions for *debug* kernel, it only fetches instructions for just
kernel which I do frequently. I know there should be WITNESS and
DIAGNOSTIC options enabled, also coredumps should be enabled. But are
there step by step instructions online?

Also when the system freezes will it dump core? Or how do I make it to
dump core if there is no SEGV?

Yuri