Help with setting up a mail server

Jerry freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Wed Jul 21 13:48:27 UTC 2010

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 08:54:44 +0300
Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> articulated:

> I doubt anyone makes a choice on an MTA (or any other software) based
> on it's RFC-compliance.
> In my experience, it's normally boils down to:
>
> 1. It has the features that I want
> 2. I can swim with it in times of toruble

Microsoft has been claiming for years that adherence to standards is
not a requirement. While they are certainly entitled to their opinion,
I would definitely disagree. A quick perusal of http://slashdot.org/
would tend to discredit your remark that, "doubt anyone makes a choice
on an MTA (or any other software) based on it's RFC-compliance" statement.

As always, selection of tools and their suitability to the task is left
up to the end user.

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD.user at seibercom.net