Recommend ezjail.conf settings?

Aiza aiza21 at comclark.com
Tue Jul 20 18:39:46 UTC 2010

Ed Flecko wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I'm looking at the ezjail.conf file, and it seems like SOME of the
> settings might be mandatory, but they're all commented out.
>
> For example, the:
>
> # ezjail_mount_enable="YES"
> # ezjail_devfs_enable="YES"
> # ezjail_devfs_ruleset="devfsrules_jail"
> # ezjail_procfs_enable="YES"
> # ezjail_fdescfs_enable="YES"
>
> should be uncommented because they're "Default options for newly
> created jails", right?
>
> Are there any of the other settings I might want to consider enabling?
>
> Thank you,
> Ed
Of course their commented out. Those are the default settings
hard coded in the ezjail-admin script.

You have no need to ever change those. Leave the conf file alone.
Messing with it will only cause you problems.

And I suggest you leave that dinosaur ezjail to it death and move on to
its replacement, qjail. Which is a complete rewrite of ezjail, fixing
all of its long time bugs and adding many new features.