Anybody can use webcam in skype in 8.1?

Modulok modulok at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 14:27:26 UTC 2010

I had a similar problem under linux the other day, if that helps. I
ended up setting the LD_PRELOAD environment variable to modify how
skype gets linked at runtime. In bash:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so
skype

Again that's on linux, so it's probably not relevant, or even if it
is, the shared object file will be in a different location.

Sorry I'm not of much help. Maybe someone else can do better.
-Moduok-