Observations during upgrade 7.2 -> 8.0

Peter Boosten peter at boosten.org
Sun Jul 18 09:24:48 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I recently upgraded several machines from 7.2 to 8.0 and I made a few
observations:

Two machines run on an ESX vmware server, and while interfaces started
counting at 0 (ie le0, le1, etc), now these interfaces start at 1 (le0
-> le1, le1 -> le2).

Is there any reason for 8.0 doing this, since it messed up a lot of things?

During the upgrade of all the packages using portupgrade, the pkgdb.db
got corrupted while upgrading ruby18-bdb, and interrupted the upgrade of
all packages (using portupgrade -af).

I've checked this by upgrading the port itself. Is this normal, and can
it be prevented, like excluding it from portugrade -fa?

TIA

Peter
--
http://www.boosten.org