ipfw nat and jails on loopback - is it possible?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri Jul 9 21:55:35 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael  <mlmichael70 at gmail.com> writes:

Michael> Does anybody has a working configuration with ipfw nated jails
Michael> on loopback interface?

I noticed in my pf.conf that I had "set skip on lo".

I changed that to "set skip on lo0" (still advisable), and then created
an "lo1" using

  ipv4_addrs_lo1=127.1.0.1/24

in my /etc/rc.conf, and I can now route in and out just fine.

I don't know if ipfw has a similar "don't apply rules to lo0" option,
but if that's the case, create an lo1 instead.