jls jail command

Jamie Gritton jamie at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 8 20:06:18 UTC 2010

On 07/08/10 03:24, Aiza wrote:
> what is jls command syntax to list all jails a path location?
>
> jls -n shows path=/usr/jails/ thats my primary jail system.
>
> I have secondary jail system at /usr/jails.sys2/

"jls -n" will show all jails, with one line per jail. If you're just
looking for the jail in a particular path, you could pipe it to "grep
path='/usr/jails '" or something along those lines.

> I tried jls -j /usr/jails.sys2/ and jls -j /usr/jails.sys2/jailname
> and got core dump.

The -j option expects either a jid or a jail name (which defaults to the
jid unless explicitly specified). The core dump has been fixed in the
upcoming 8.1 release - in 8.0 you can only specify jails by jid.

- Jamie