VPN IPsec Help

Steve Bertrand steve at ipv6canada.com
Thu Jul 8 13:22:24 UTC 2010

On 2010.07.07 18:28, Matheus Weber da Conceição wrote:
> Hello guys;
>
> I'm using a FreeBSD 7.0 in my firewall/gateway, and I have to connect
> via VPN to a Cisco box.
>
> The scene here is:
>
> * Peer A (Cisco): 200.xxx.xxx.xxx
>    IPs that Peer B need to access:
>       - 192.168.10.24
>       - 192.168.201.196
>       - 10.115.90.236
>
> * Peer B (FreeBSD 7.0): 187.yyy.yyy.yyy (me)
>

> How can I configure this scene without using gif0 interface?

It has been a long time since I've done IPSec on FBSD, but I'm willing
to bet that this has to do with routing, possibly amongst other things.
On peer 'B' (FBSD box), what internal IP range are you trying to access
the A network from...the same ones (ie. are you trying to bridge the
networks)?

Do you have access to the Cisco gear?

If so, on FreeBSD, post the output of:

% netstat -rn

...and the output to the following on the Cisco:

% sh ip route stat

Steve