debugfs&FreeBSD

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Thu Jul 8 07:12:31 UTC 2010

Anonymous <swell.k at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dmitry Lunts <eingorn777 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hello,All!
> > There is debugfs program dealing with ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystems.
> > Is there some tool in FreeBSD with functionality analogous to debugfs
> > which can operate on UFS2?
>
> Not sure but fsdb(8) may help.

Before the development of fsck, its job was split between two
utilities -- icheck and dcheck -- which in addition to their
principal use for fixing corrupted filesystems also provided
the ability to do exactly this sort of thing.

I have no idea how much the filesystem data structures may have
changed since, but if you can track down their sources and get
them to compile they might still be useful.