VirtualBox doesn't start

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 17:40:26 UTC 2010

Frank Wi?mann wrote:

> > Is your user in the "vboxusers" group?
> >

> OK, now he is. But either as "root" or as normal user I get the same
> result as in the message in the last mail described.

Ok, three questions:

  1.) Did you log out after adding yourself to the group?  If not, open a
  new terminal emulator and run the command again.

  2.) What version of VirtualBox is this?  virtualbox-ose-3.1.2 and above
  do not require procfs(5); lesser versions do.

  3.) Are your kernel / userland in sync?

Regards,

--
Glen Barber