Xorg Not Finding AGP Card

Programmer In Training pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Fri Jan 29 22:54:13 UTC 2010

On 1/29/2010 4:30 PM, Charlie Kester wrote:
<snip>
> I'm not sure why Xorg isn't seeing your video card. Do you see a device
> named "agpgart" in /dev?   If not, it probably means the agp module
> couldn't identify your card when you last booted the machine.  What's
> the make and model of your card, and what version of FreeBSD are you
> running?

ATI Radeon 9200 (might be just a 9K, I forget exactly),
FreeBSD-8.0RELEASE. What would have changed between first install and
this one?

Yes, agpgart is there.

> You're not supposed to start hald or dbus from the commandline like
> that.  Instead add the following lines to your /etc/rc.conf file:
>
>     hald_enable="YES"
>     dbus_enable="YES"

Already there, just seems like last time I was able to start dbus from
the cli.

> Then run the following commands from the command line:
>
>     /usr/local/etc/rc.d/hald start
>     /usr/local/etc/rc.d/dbus start

which is probably how I did it before. Heh.

I've already rebooted since adding the hald and dbus lines to rc.conf

--
Yours In Christ,

PIT