ssh/sshd cores dump

Olivier Nicole Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Fri Jan 29 10:55:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have this weird error since yesterday, one a system that used to be
working nicely, suddenly:

ssh cores dump when run as non priviledged user, works fine for root
sshd aborts on signal 11

I tried to reinstall world, but it is the same.

There is openssl installed from the ports on that machine (what port
needed it?) as well as ldap/nss_ldap/open_ldap.

It seems that the problem started when I tried to upgrade openldap
libbrary (openldap-client port).

I did a little bit more diging: ssh cores dump on a strcmp, from
/lib/libc.so.6; I checked with a working machine, the library are the
same; I checked ssh, they are the same.

This is very puzzeling.

Any clue?

The machine is running 6.4-RELEASE-p9