SNMP of FreeBSD

Steven Friedrich freebsd at insightbb.com
Wed Jan 27 01:20:59 UTC 2010

I'm running 8-Stable, and ports are current.

I'm installing snmp support, mostly just to investigate it.

I have three ports installed:
bsnmptools-0.0.20060818_2 Snmp client tools
mbrowse-0.3.1_8     An SNMP MIB Browser for X
net-snmp-5.4.2.1_6  An extendable SNMP implementation

I got a few errors after initial install.

I don't know what pieces of snmp I want.
I used the sample snmp.config from the /usr/src tree.
I changed the name of the public community name.
I uncommented the netgraph and pf lines and maybe even others 8o)

I got rid of the errors on the console, except for this Warning:
WARNING: attempt to domain_add(netgraph) after domainfinalize()

Perhaps this is a bug in the example snmp.config I'm using?
What client(s) tools should I look at?