ssh to root

Aryeh M. Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 04:10:12 UTC 2010

I need to set up a machine so that I can type "ssh [host]" as root from
some other host and I get a prompt with super user privs... I already
have set this up for user at host for root and ssh host for normal users...
but root still asks for a password after I set the authorized_keys file
in ~root/.ssh.. I have looked at ssh_config(5) but can't tell what
option (if any) does this... if anyone is coruious the final goal here is to set up a sysutils/fusefs-ssh for this host (already installed and working for normal users but want to make it so it is done as root)