8.0-RELEASE Hanging on boot-up/Harvesting

Andy Hiscock andyjhiscock at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 19:01:01 UTC 2010

Thought Id give Version 8.0-RELEASE A go on a server Im building for someone.   All went well except when it comes to boot-up.   Works though the config until it gets to some sort of networking routine/initiating.  The line said something about "Harvesting ppp/Ethernet"?

Has anyone come across this problem/is there a work around?  I've tried turning things like power management and Loading BIOS default settings.

Machine Im using it on is an Celeron 800 - Old but tends to be reliable ;)

Sorry I haven't got the error exact error.

Andy