Server set up

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Sun Jan 17 02:12:06 UTC 2010

Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 04:34:17PM -0600, Kevin Kinsey wrote:
>> NTFS comes with "NT" versions of Windows, that is, NT, Windows 2000,
>> and everything since then.  W95 and W98 used FAT filesystems.  Fat32
>> was the default for Win98 IIRC.
>
> I know a lot of MS Windows users like to pretend WinME never existed, but
> I like to think those of us in the FreeBSD community take a more honest
> look at the world.  Thus, for the sake of clarity:
>
> NTFS comes with "NT" versions of Windows -- that is, WinNT, Win2K, WinXP,
> and everything since then.  Win95, Win98, and WinME used FAT filesystems.
>
> I wouldn't want anyone to make some kind of grave error involving the
> assumption that WinME used NTFS. . . .

ROFL.  I don't think I was being dishonest, certainly not intentionally.
I did recently purchase a small notebook with "Windows 7" installed.  I
may have had my head infected by the Marketroid virus as a result.  :-D

So, yes Virginia, there was one "further" release with the (DOS-based?)
Windows kernel, named WinME.  Now, to be real pedantic, there was Windows
3.1 before Windows95, and before that, Windows 3.0, 2.1, 2.0, 1.0, and
"Interface Manager".

I'm feeling kinda sick now ... so, no more ROFL, maybe ROLF instead?

Fi`ni.

Kevin Kinsey