Dislike the way port conflicts are handled now

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 16 18:01:56 UTC 2010

>> Since some folks like the old behavior and some folks like the new
>> behavior, what do you all think of a user-selectable make.conf option to
>> choose where the check-conflicts target appears in the port build sequence?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Greg
>>

>I'd love that. The new behavior isn't a bad default, but it needs an
>override.

>Wait a minute; rewind. Isn't that what "make -DDISABLE_CONFLICTS" does?

I believe that he is talking about changing _when_ the check for
conflicts is made; whereas DISABLE_CONFLICTS ignores the check,
regardless of when it is made.  A late check is preferable to using
DISABLE_CONFLICTS, because with that knob you can shoot yourself in
the foot by mistakenly installing one port on top of another.

b.