cannot install apache22 on FBSD 8.0

PJ af.gourmet at videotron.ca
Thu Jan 14 00:57:15 UTC 2010

On 1/13/2010 11:02 AM, keneasson wrote:
> ---- On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:44:55 +0600 *PJ <af.gourmet at videotron.ca
> <mailto:af.gourmet at videotron.ca>>* wrote ----
>
>     On 1/13/2010 4:09 AM, Matthew Seaman wrote:
>     > PJ wrote:
>     >> Gentlemen,
>     >> I am absolutely stupefied by apache22, php5, php5-extensions and
>     >> phpmysql refusing to be updated or installed
>     >> I did manage to do one installation on a freshly upgraded box
>     from 7.2
>     >> to 8.0 but with very frustrating and time consuming efforts. I
>     still
>     >> don't know how I managed, but it seems to work, for the moment
>     anyway.
>     >> Could someone explain to me why there is a problem with
>     apache22, php5
>     >> and the rest - when doing an upgrade from 7.2 to 8.0.
>     >> I followed the instructions in the handbood to the letter and
>     both times
>     >> there is a problem.
>     >> Am I doing something that is not evident in the instructions.
>     Even the
>     >> apache site states very clearly that and update is about as
>     simple as
>     >> could be.
>     >> The long list of errors when installing apache seem to deal
>     with a lot
>     >> of undeclared stuff (first use in this function) for a lot of
>     uldap
>     >> stuff like cache, connection etc. etc.
>     >> How does one deal with this as there seems to be nothing on
>     google.
>     >> TIA
>     >
>     > You're installing quite a complex interconnected group of ports
>     there,
>     > and
>     > it can go wrong in any number of new and exciting ways. We can't
>     tell
>     > exactly
>     > what has gone wrong from what you tell us -- but it's almost
>     certainly a
>     > problem fairly high up the dependency tree which is screwing
>     things up
>     > for
>     > all of the ports lower down you're having trouble with.
>     >
>     > As a general strategy for making this work, probably the most
>     effective
>     > route is 'back to square one.' Rip out everything that apache,
>     php etc.
>     > depend on, and start again from scratch. This includes all options
>     > settings
>     > for those ports under /var/db/ports/.
>     >
>     > When reinstalling a group of interconnected ports like this, I
>     find it
>     > beneficial to sort out all of the OPTIONS settings over the whole
>     > dependency
>     > tree before trying to compile anything. One of the unfortunate
>     > characteristics
> [...]
Thanks for the suggestions.
installilng php5 and php5-extensions and phpmyadmin installed without
problem once apache was successfully installed.
Stsrange that the identical configuration worked on my first upgrade to
8.0 (although, not without different problems). There is some stumbling
in the installation procedures regarding apr and they are not very clear.
I now have it sorted out.
Thanks, again.
PJ