watching WebEx session on FreeBSD

Colin Albert colintrebla at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 20:35:08 UTC 2010

On 01/12/10 14:23, Colin Albert wrote:
> On 01/12/10 11:12, Matthias Apitz wrote:
>> El día Tuesday, January 12, 2010 a las 08:48:31AM -0700, Warren Block
>> escribió:

>>> The Linux Webex client might work.
>>> http://support.webex.com/support/system-requirements.html says it'll
>>> run
>>> under Fedora 10, and linux_base-f10 works well.
>> Thanks for the hint; I looked around there but can not see any WebEx
>> Business Suite 27 (WBS27) client to down load; is this part of the 14day
>> Free Trial?
>>
>>     matthias
> You should be able to try this using the online demo.
> http://www.webex.com/go/live_demo  if it works the download will be
> automatic. I am still trying to make it work as well.
>
> -Colin
Followup: I was able to make this work by changing my user agent from:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091106
Firefox/3.5.5
to:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091106
Firefox/3.5.5

So it looks like linux_base-f10 is not required.

The first time I tried this firefox crashed. Then I opened firefox from
the command line to see if I could see the error, and it is working now.
I am still testing to see what functionality does/does not work.

I am using 8.0 Stable with diablo 1.6 and firefox 3.5.5.

Thanks,
-Colin