port-MESS with apache22

Michael Powell nightrecon at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 9 03:41:49 UTC 2010

PJ wrote:

> Thought I'd better get more specific:
> I rebooted, apache is running.
> I deleted the apache2 directories --
> but lo and behold, it is the php5 port that is stubborn and absolutely
> insists on creating these directories.
> What in Hades is going on?
[snip]

Don't know if this pertains to or will fix the PHP building problem, but you
might try putting USE_APACHE=common22 in /etc/make.conf.

There has been change(s) the build process and I have as of yet not taken
the time to research them enough to be sure I understand. You can look at:
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.apache.mk for hints. Note the old styles of WITH_APACHE
and the like is deprecated.

Quote:
# Note: Setting USE_APACHE to "yes" is deprecated. It will set
# APACHE_PORT to www/apache13 and if WITH_APACHE2 (deprecated too)
# is defined, APACHE_PORT will be set to www/apache20
#

-Mike