Openoffice3 and aspell

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 2 16:35:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 15:06:35 +0100
Randall Wood <randall at woodbriceno.net> replied:

>On Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 06:22:13AM -0500, Jerry wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 20:00:28 -0800 (PST)
>> Neil Short <neshort at yahoo.com> replied:
>>
>> >Does it include a thesaurus?
>>
>> Until at least recently there was no English (American) language
>> thesaurus. BTW, have fun with the 'extensions'. I have seen grown men
>> cry trying to get them installed correctly in FreeBSD; much less get
>> them to work correctly. If you have any other word processor
>> available, irregardless of OS, I would strongly recommend using it.
>

>I use Softmaker Office; the Linux binary works fine on FreeBSD.  It's
>closed source and you've got to pay for it, which turns most people
>off.  But if you can get past those two characteristics, it's a
>wonderful office suite, and the word processor has both dictionary and
>thesaurus. It's furthermore extremely fast, especially compared to
>OO.o.   www.softmaker.de

I am rather surprised at the price. It is identical to what I could
purchase the Microsoft Home & Student version for. The only difference
between H&S and the Standard edition is that Outlook and PowerPoint are
not included.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

ingrate, n:
	A man who bites the hand that feeds him,
	and then complains of indigestion.