Where did the handbook go?

Manolis Kiagias sonicy at otenet.gr
Fri Jan 1 21:19:23 UTC 2010

On 01/01/2010 10:01 μ.μ., Frank Wißmann wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am wondering where my handbook is. Under /usr/share/doc/de/ where it
> used to be is nothing appropriate. Has anybody an idea for me? Using
> sysinstall to install additional docs didn't solve the problem. Or am
> I wrong?
>
> Greetings Frank

We now got the concept of documentation packages. These are installed in
/usr/local/share/doc/freebsd and are available in all languages (for
which a doc project exists of course) and in a variety of formats as
usual (pdf, html and so on).

If you haven't installed them when installing FreeBSD, you can do so
easily by reinserting your DVD and running sysinstall. Select
'Configure' and then 'Documentation Installation'.

You can also install using pkg_add or build what's needed from ports.

For example, the German docs port is in:

misc/freebsd-doc-de