COMPAT_LINUX instead if COMPAT_LINUX32 in man page

Masoom Shaikh masoom.shaikh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 06:46:59 UTC 2010

Hi list,

I prefer to statically link modules instead of loading them via loader.conf.
This time I wanted to link linux.ko. The man page for 'linux' suggests to put
"options COMPAT_LINUX" in KERNCONF. I did exactly so, only to see build
failure. Failure says unknown option COMPAT_LINUX. With little poking around I
figured out the options is COMPAT_LINUX32 and this did make sense as only i386
Linux binaries are supported. I guess man page is in error and needs some
love.

Masoom Shaikh