Mailing lists link in handbook redirects to......

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Feb 26 19:05:37 UTC 2010

Hi--

On Feb 26, 2010, at 10:57 AM, Robert Bonomi wrote:

>> This is quite wrong.  You are being redirected through DNS to a bogus
>> FreeBSD.org host name alias.
>
> *IF* it is wrong, then it is the 'authoritative' FreeBSD nameservers that are
> giving out the bogus information.  <wry grin>

I think the problem is the webserver is using vhosts and doesn't process a request by IP or by other hostnames through the right config for Mailman lists.  For example:

...works fine, but:

...or by IP address will fail.  Experimentation with telnet or curl specifying different Host: headers should confirm this behavior.  :-)

Regards,
--
-Chuck