Mozilla Updates

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Thu Feb 25 21:09:37 UTC 2010

Programmer In Training <pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us> writes:

> Since the advisories from Mozilla[0-1] have been released, and updates
> for at least FireFox and Thunderbird are available, when will they be
> made available via ports (especially FF 3.6 TB 3.0.2)? Should I
> deinstall the ports version and go ahead and compile from source
> available at Mozilla's sites?

I'm not sure what you're asking.  Firefox 3.6 has been available from
ports for over two weeks.  Thunderbird hasn't been updated yet, but
3.0.2 has only been out for a few hours.

I would recommend that if you want updates faster than the maintainers
check them in, you go ahead and build them yourself, but think carefully
about how to do it.  If you build without the ports system, it can be
difficult to remove the program again when you next wish to update.  If
you don't have the skills to update the port skeleton to a new version,
you probably won't find it any easier to build the program from scratch.

		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/