Dual booting Windows 7 and FreeBSD (and possibly GRUB)

Leslie Jensen leslie at eskk.nu
Tue Feb 23 13:23:49 UTC 2010

Angelin Lalev skrev 2010-02-23 13:20:
> Well, Windows 7 isn't playing nicely with FreeBSD (and some other OS systems).
> I have my first primary partition (MBR scheme) installed with Windows 7
> and I want to have FreeBSD as second primary partition. Eventually, I
> want to have
> Ubuntu on my first and second extended partitions.
> Any suggestions?

I use the following boot manager because when I set this up there was
new behaviour of the Windows Vista boot method and it didn't play well
with Freebsd's bootmanager. Today I run Windows 7 and Freebsd 8 on this
system.

http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

You can find instructions in bsdmag on how to set it up.

http://bsdmag.org/app/files/download?attachment=attachment1&model=Article&model_id=9300&portal_id=134

Or

http://bsdmag.org/pdf-articles

And choose