Dual booting Windows 7 and FreeBSD (and possibly GRUB)

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Feb 23 12:58:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:20:27 +0200, Angelin Lalev <lalev.angelin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, Windows 7 isn't playing nicely with FreeBSD (and some other OS systems).
> I have my first primary partition (MBR scheme) installed with Windows 7
> and I want to have FreeBSD as second primary partition. Eventually, I
> want to have
> Ubuntu on my first and second extended partitions.
> Any suggestions?

FreeBSD brings its own boot manager that can be installed.
As far as I know, it should be installed after the "Windows"
installation, because it would be overwritten otherwise.

If you're planning to also use Linux, I think GRUB may
be a good solution.

As I am not using multi-boot environments, I can't be
more precise. But go ahead and try the presented suggestions.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany