Physic to KVM VPS server FREEBSD 8.0 STABLE

Jeronimo Calvo jeronimocalvop at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 22 22:17:37 UTC 2010

On 22 February 2010 21:16, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:58:51 +0000, Jeronimo Calvo <jeronimocalvop at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> It is basically flooding the terminal at the logon prompt...
>
> Is there media inside the drive? Is the drive working
> properly?
>

>> I was
>> able to connect trough ssh (to avoid the flooding) and remove the cd0
>> entry from fstab... but error still coming up (I removed it as I dont
>> need a cdrom drive on it now)
>
> Of course; as it seems to me, this message may not have
> something to do with an actual mounting attempt, so you
> can leave the fstab entry intact.
>

>> when decompile the atapi module from kernel now the error is a bit different:
>>
>> > UNKNOWN: FAILURE - uknown CMD (0x03) ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x20 ascq=0x00
>
> Hmm... interesting. So the error message is printed by
> the kernel, but not brought into relationship with a
> certain device.
>

>> Well, this is ocurring all the time... it is basically flooding the
>> terminal...
>
> That's normal, it is a diagnostic message printed out
> by the kernel. You'll find it in the dmesg output, as
> well as probably in /var/log/messages and related message
> files.

How can I get rid of this message, making the system ignore it? Is
not causing any apparent problem apart of the funny flooding...

> Still, the question is: Is it related to the drive, or
> maybe to the controller the drive sits on?

Well, there is not drive itself, so seems to be related to the
controller... I have deleted as well the old /dev/* which was assigned
previously to the old drive... without any luck...

--
() ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Against HTML e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org  | Against proprietary extensions