User Directories On FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE

Programmer In Training pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Thu Feb 18 21:27:15 UTC 2010

On 02/18/10 14:54, Craig Whipp wrote:
<snip>
> What are the permissions for your $HOME and $HOME/public_html?  The user
> that apache is running as must be able read from these directories.
>
> - Craig

drwxr-xr-x  49 user1  user1  1536 Feb 18 14:31 user1/
drwxr-xr-x  18 user1  user1   2560 Feb 14 09:25 public_html/

Possibly not the most secure permissions but I don't remember the
default (I think it's 644).

Apache runs as user:group deamon:daemon

Trying to su in from root as daemon returns the following:

su - daemon
This account is currently not available.

user and group do exist (quadruple verified).
--
Yours In Christ,

PIT