Unable to build kdelibs3

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 13:36:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 5:18 AM, Carmel <carmel_ny at hotmail.com> wrote:

> That is the same advice I have been given on other forums also.
>
> I will probably follow the same avenue that a colleague of mine did and
> abandon FBSD until version 8.1 is released and then simply dump the
> entire system and install the newer version. Then again, maybe I will
> just wait until the updated version of KDE is released so as to
> eliminate the hassle of updating a vast number of libraries, etc and
> again experiencing another system failure. I have all ready invested way
> too much time on this problem. This was the worst update I have
> experienced in seven years with FBSD.

FWIW, the last libjpeg update was no peach for me either, but for all the
pains I still think the ports system is superior to other OS's sw
management.   Sometimes the debian respository is a large WTF, and that's
the good one.  Also I posted a script a few days ago that will create a
backup of all currently installed packages.  Useful in a situation like
yours so you could revert to known good set of pkg's until you have time to
deal with the full upgrade.

--
Adam Vande More