cannot build GIMP 2.6.8-1 on 8.0-STABLE

William Bulley web at umich.edu
Mon Feb 15 18:29:33 UTC 2010

I am trying to build the GIMP on 8.0-STABLE but had a problem.
For what it's worth, I have these ports installed:

   gtk-1.2.10_21
   gtk-2.18.6_1

It is not clear to me why GIMP (or webkit-gtk2) depends on
having Gnome2 (gnome-config) installed (I use open-motif):

   checking for GSTREAMER... gnome-config: not found
   gnome-config: not found
   gnome-config: not found
   configure: error: Package requirements (gstreamer-0.10 >= 0.10
                     gstreamer-base-0.10
                     gstreamer-pbutils-0.10
                     gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10
                     gstreamer-video-0.10) were not met:

   No package 'gstreamer-pbutils-0.10' found
   No package 'gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10' found
   No package 'gstreamer-video-0.10' found

   Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GSTREAMER_CFLAGS
   and GSTREAMER_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

   ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
   Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
   "http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
   problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
   solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
   gnome at FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
   "/usr/ports/www/webkit-gtk2/work/webkit-1.1.15.4/config.log", (b) the output
   of the failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it might
   be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
   (i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any website,
   copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1) with
   the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list
   (gnome at FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists are
   usually discarded by the mailing list software.
   *** Error code 1

   Stop in /usr/ports/www/webkit-gtk2.
   *** Error code 1

   Stop in /usr/ports/www/webkit-gtk2.