Why does soft link in /var/log disappear?

John Almberg jalmberg at identry.com
Mon Feb 15 14:46:13 UTC 2010

I didn't make my /var partition big enough, way back when, and have had to move my /var/log/www directory to another partition. I did this by moving the directory, and then adding a soft link from /var/log to the moved directory, using something like:

ln -s /home/wwwlog /var/log/www

This works great, but something is deleting the soft link.

Is there anything in the freebsd base that 'cleans up' the /var/log directory? Any hints on how I can discover what is doing this clean up, or a way to protect this link from being deleted?

Thanks: John